Molluscum Contagiosum is a skin condition where you notice round and pink lesions on your skin. Those can make you really panic at first as they can be the signs of something is not good about to happen. However, worry less as this is completely a normal skin problem and they only bring about discomforts and annoying sensation in people’s lives. Often referred to as molluscipoxvirus (MCV), there are three molluscum contagiosum stages that a person will experience when these papules first appear on the skin.
In the beginning, you will find an appearance of small spots on skin and over the course of time, if not treated, they can get bigger and spread all over the skin. As we all know, red spots are not the end of the story when it can get worse with itchiness, pain and numbness in the affected areas. In some other case, you might experience heat or sensitivity or heat over the skin and lead to other infected skin condition.
People of all ages might get Molluscum Contagiosum, and the most vulnerable victims are children. Adults are no exception and the ones are more likely to get this skin issue are those who sexually active.
Molluscum Contagiosum is caused by so many reasons. The root of this health issue is derived from a virus has got the same name. This virus can get spread in multiple ways: through sexual contact or the use of clothes or towels. Many direct ways and reasonable people can get namely: exposing too much to intercorse partners, living in tropical climate regions – where virus get thriving, poor hygiene condition and have contact with Molluscum Contagiosum patient.
B – Natural home remedies for Molluscum Contagiosum
Many people might have to suffer from Molluscum Contagiosum since this is completely a common skin problem. Therefore, the treatments are no fancy. You are recommended to visit a doctor at a later stage of this skin issue when it gets worse. At the beginning, as you have just notice Molluscum Contagiosum, you can completely cure them by yourself, using natural home remedies that are simple and not-so-costly.
Following are some simple natural home remedies for Molluscum Contagiosum have been tried and tested for years that work.
Garlic is a very good and handy ingredient when it comes to treating skin and infected diseases. There are a great number of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories in garlic that can fight off virus causing Molluscum Contagiosum. Also, using garlic can help to speed up the healing process of this skin issue. The tip of using is quite simple, as you only need to apply them to the affected area. Yes, no fancy or complexity using garlic. Follow these steps.
- Choose some fresh and raw garlic in the kitchen.
- Cut them into pieces then crush them well to get a fine paste.
- Apply the paste all over the affected areas and using a bandage to position the areas.
- Take out after 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water to avoid strong odour of garlic.
- Repeat this way once a day for a week and you will find Molluscum Contagiosum no longer.
Coconut oil always makes it ways to be among top natural home remedies for the skin as there are so many beneficial properties for skin included in coconut oil. Treating Molluscum Contagiosum is no exception as coconut oil is packed with ingredients to fight off Molluscum Contagiosum. The key with this ingredient is that it works wonders to drive out the virus and then eradicate bumps on the skin, preventing them to thrive before spreading. You are suggested to apply the oil every day until Molluscum Contagiosum is gone. Here is how to:
- Washed affected skin areas and pad it dry.
- Using a cotton pad to dipped to the cup of coconut oil then apply over the affected areas.
- Leave it there and using a bandage to make the oil absorb through skin easier.
- Wash off after 15 minutes using warm water to avoid sticky feeling.
You should apply coconut oil every day and heat up the oil a bit.
Tea Tree Oil
When it comes to treating infectious diseases, tea tree oil would be the best. There are a high amount of anti-inflammatories and antiseptic in tea tree oil that helps clear skin problems and virus. Thanks to this, the oil can both get rid of Molluscum Contagiosum while stopping them from spreading all over the skin. Applying tea tree oil is quite similar to apply other essential oil mentioned above.
- Heat up on a cup of tea tree oil in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Dip a cotton ball into the cup of tea tree oil then apply all over the affected areas.
- Leave it there to absorb through the skin for 10 or 15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Do this every morning as you wake up or the night before going to bed.
Sea Salt is also a good idea if you want to clear Molluscum Contagiosum at home. People use this ingredient as it can work quite well to eliminate the accumulation of bacteria and virus residing on the skin causing this skin issue. Using sea salt is absolutely simple as you only need to follow these following steps.
- Mix sea salt and honey into a cup follow 1:1 ratio.
- Add along with a bit of essential oil (coconut/ olive/ tea tree) to get a smooth paste.
- Heat up the mixture a bit then directly apply on skin.
- Gently massage to make it easier for the paste to absorb into the skin.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Pad dry your skin and apply this method every day until Molluscum Contagiosum is gone completely.
- In a cup, mix 5 teaspoon soda with 2 teaspoons warm water.
- Mix them well to get a paste then apply directly to the affected areas.
- Gently massage areas that have Molluscum Contagiosum then leave it there for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water after that.
- Pad dry your skin and leave it there naturally.
Remember to only gently massage as strong action might hurt skin. A – General Information[faq title=”FAQs” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″][faq_item title=”
How Long It Does Take To Get Rid Of Molluscum?
It generally depends on the age and type of skin. In major cases it disappears in about 2 to 3 months, but as we notice that new growths generally appear as like old ones are going away from your skin. So it’s basically takes 6 to 18 months to take away with home remedies for molluscum.[/faq_item][/faq]