It doesn’t matter whether you are building a new website or already running multiple websites. All you want to save your money on these websites.
The biggest area that consumes a huge amount of your money is web hosting services for your website. Now you may why hosting is expensive and what must be the reason behind this.
In this article, let us understand in brief why these web hosting are expensive and will they really worth it?
Before proceeding further take a glance at what web hosting means and how many types of hosting are available in the market.
What Is Web Hosting ?
Web hosting is a online service which host your website successfully to access it over the internet. As word describe web hosting is a hosting space like home to your website files and data. This can be rented or you can make your own. Renting space on the server to store your website’s files and data via a host that can allow your website to be available on the worldwide web.
Every website need a webhosting services to store data so that if someone type your domain name in the browser, the host transfer all necessary data to that browser so that your website visible to that viewer. You can also make a server at home, but it is not easy to maintain and it will cost you higher as compared to the hosting service provider.
How Many Types Of Hosting Are There?
There are mainly four types of hosting that are mostly in use i.e. shared web hosting, dedicated server web hosting, VPS web hosting, and Cloud Hosting.
- Shared Hosting: The most basic web hosting, in which your website is hosted on a server that is also shared with other websites sharing all the given resources.
- Dedicated Hosting: In this web hosting you will get an entire server dedicated to your website. You don’t need to share your resources with any other website and also no worry about your website’s speed and uptime just because of another site.
- VPS Hosting: The server is divided into virtual servers dedicated to each website. This means higher rates of uptime, quicker loading speeds, and a greater volume of traffic than shared web hosting.
- Cloud Hosting: Instead of only one shared or dedicated server, this web hosting allows the website access to many remote servers. On-demand, you’ll be able to add or take away services and just pay for what you want to use for your website as per your need.
Why Hosting Is Expensive?
These are the six major factors that will make web hosting more expensive. But once you establish your business online and it starts growing these costs will no more seem to be expensive.
6 Major Reasons Why Hosting Is Expensive
- Web Servers: Servers are used to host websites, therefore the cost to maintain a server is high. Any type of hosting requires these servers and the hosting company will buy these servers. Also, they hire staff to maintain these servers to run websites seamlessly.
- Web Storage: There must be sufficient server storage that the company buys for hosting that can store the website’s files. For more storage, more money is required, and therefore the cost of hosting increases.
- Bandwidth: After hosting your website you need bandwidth whenever you get traffic on your website. More bandwidth means more cost. This cost is not that much high as a server but yes somewhere makes hosting quite expensive.
- Security: Today, all the hosting companies provide security to your website and take it as their responsibility. That is why they cost money for the same.
- Scalability: As customer increases, the web hosting company will have to take care of their scalability. The number of websites increases, which means traffic increases, and therefore the cost for operating the server also increases to meet all these demands.
- Customer Service: While hosting your website, you may stuck into some trouble for which you need some help to resolve the issue. For this instant, every web hosting company invests a lot to provide a great customer support team for your help. So, this form of support will cost money to run such operations.
Not only these six factors responsible for making web hosting expensive. Other factors such as electricity, high power connection, the company’s infrastructure, and so on.
In the beginning, this cost seems a lot or more expensive but once you get the right track and start growing your business it will find worthwhile. Make your website available on the browser to reach more audience and sell your services and good to increase more profit with your website. There is lot of smarter ways to find cheap and best web hosting services so that you can save much needed amount.
In this article, we provide you the main reasons why hosting is expensive and which factors are responsible for the same. The main thing is you can not compromise with quality of your web host service provider. These services come with security, the best uptime, high speed, and also increase or manage your website’s traffic.
That’s it our writer tried best to give you knowledge about web hosting and how its work. Let us know did you enjoy reading our blog in comment section and don’t hesitate your self to contact us if you have any ideas on tech or webhosting, we are open to accept tech guest post at this moment.