Traveling without baby and with baby are indeed two different sides of a coin. As new parents, you need to include a few additional things in the travel planner about which you hardly cared for earlier. There are so many things to take care of that if you are not mindful ,you may forget some essentials like forgetting to carry biodegradable baby wipes.
So, to make traveling more enjoyable and less challenging, see the following tips and make a checklist so you are sure that you are fully prepared.
1. Always Book a Bassinet Seat or an Aisle Seat
Bassinet seats provide great relief when you are boarding a flight of long duration with a baby. Nowadays, since most airlines offer it on a first-come-first-serve basis, make sure you grab the deal before anyone else does. For this, you need to be thoroughly aware of the rules, regulations, and policies of the airline companies regarding traveling with a baby.
Likewise, aisle seats facilitate easy access to the washroom when any need arises, such as changing diapers, cleaning the baby, etc. You must book a seat that is closest to the washroom.
2. Avoid Carrying Unnecessary Luggage
Traveling with a baby already demands carrying a lot of essential items. So don’t pack too many things and have just enough with you for your journey.
Here are some suggestions of essential items that you want to have with you
- Diapers but do not carry a huge amount, just take the amount that is needed. You can always buy it at any destination. Also, if you are planning to visit a place with a swimming pool or a beach, make sure you carry swim diapers.
- Always carry baby wipes so that if any mess happens, you can wipe it clean in no time.
- If you are breastfeeding, make sure you have breast milk in a bottle. If you are not, carry a few containers of baby food. Again, you can also buy more at your destination.
- If your baby becomes cranky and cries non-stop while on the move, carry one to two toys with you to keep your baby busy while traveling.
3. Purchase a Lightweight Stroller
Carrying a baby all the time is a tough task. A lightweight stroller comes in handy during these times. In case you are traveling by car, a car seat proves to be extremely convenient. You can even buy a car seat-stroller combo. This two-in-one equipment eliminates the need to carry both and reduces the chance of extra luggage.
4. Use the Baby’s Nap Time
Traveling is supposed to be exhausting and you are bound to experience jet lag. Utilize the baby’s nap time as your resting time, so that both of you wake up fresh and are ready to explore places.
5. Request for a Baby crib while Booking a Hotel
Most hotels offer baby cribs. so make sure you request one when you make your reservation. In case you don’t want to rely on a hotel crib, several lightweight portable baby beds are available in the market these days. Feel free to purchase one!
These days, people opt for apartment rentals as they are cheaper than hotels and come with additional facilities, such as a kitchen, laundry, etc., just like home. All these facilities are generally not available in hotels, so it is better to look for apartment rentals.
These are some important tips that should be kept in mind while traveling with a baby. Traveling with a baby is indeed stressful and a lot of adjustments are required on the parent’s part. But if you follow all the above tips carefully, you can make your travel fun and worthwhile.
Writer’s Recommended Source to read –