A Guide To Using Technology Stack For Application Development
Selecting an appropriate mobile technology stack before developing a mobile application project is the key to making it cost-effective and efficient. It gives rewarding outcomes and helps in making the app more stanch. Choosing the correct mobile tech stack is important as it gives life to your project by making it more worthwhile.
Whenever an android app development company or any enterprise app development company takes in charge of developing an application, they ensure to use the required tech stacks, which inexperienced developers usually miss out.
Why Choose the Best Tech Stack?
- Makes the entire project cost-effective
- The base performance of the app becomes unyielding
- Less time in developing the app
- Makes it maintainable
- Gives a scalable outcome
- Bugs and other app-related issues can be easily fixed
- Gives rewarding results
At the same time, not opting for the right tech stack can result to severe consequences. However, with the number of options available, it can be quite perplexing to choose the correct tech stack for the mobile application.
Drawbacks of not choosing the correct stack
- Can be expensive
- Requires additional time in changing the stack
- Trouble in updating
What is a tech stack?
Technology stack is a combination of tools, frameworks, libraries, UX/UI software and programming language used in developing mobile as well as a web application. Using the right set of tools and frameworks make sure that the base performance of your mobile application project is unyielding. And regardless of what process you are planning to follow while developing your mobile application, it would never give rewarding results if strong tech stacks are not put in together. In more simplified terms, tech stack is the base of your mobile application as it determines its functioning in present as well as in future.
While it might look convenient to have in-house developers but hiring android app development company, enterprise app development company or an iOS app development company for developing the application works the best as the team of skilled professionals know how to include the most suitable tech stacks in the app.
Components of tech stack:
Front-end Development- This is basically the interface that interacts with the end-users of the mobile application.
- Front-end development includes:
- UI framework and libraries
Back-end Development- Tools and software required to enable the front-end to do its job by creating the core processing of the server.
- Back-end development includes
- Programming languages
- hosting services
- Web server
- Operating system
Development – A platform where libraries and interfaces come together to build the app.
Supporting or Additional- Tools and technologies that help in improving the app’s performance and security.
How to choose the right tech stack?
As the base performance of the mobile application depends on choosing the right technology stack, it is very important to pick the best set of tools and frameworks.
Here’s how you can determine the choice of tech stack for your mobile app:
- Type of application: Before choosing a tech stack, it is necessary to take an account of the type of application you are developing as various technologies are based on it.
- Project requirement: The size, features, purpose and usage determine the tech stack that’d be used in creating the mobile application. The complexity of the tech stack depends on the size of the project. While small projects require uncomplicated tech stacks, medium projects involve more technical tech stacks. Large projects like enterprise applications, on the other hand, require a large technical and a much more complex stack.
- Project goals: The selection of technical stack profoundly depends on the goals of the app development project. The goal and mission decides the purpose and usage along with the market and target audience of the application, hence it’s very important to decide the goals.
- Development and resources: From development team to maintenance and development cost and stack technology’s parent company, various factors are responsible for making a difference in choice and quality of app.
- App development team: The app development team must be skilled and knowledgeable professionals as they are the ones behind the development of the app. Based on the requirements and needs, the cost of hiring is also decided.
- Development speed: Development speed of the application is one of the most important factors. Hence, one needs to choose the tech stack on the basis of the timeframe of their project.
- Maintenance and development cost: Developing an app isn’t an easy task. It requires money depending on the size of the app. Apart from that, maintaining the app requires money too. The cost of maintaining and upgrading too depends on the technologies used.
- Stack technology’s parent company: The stack technology’s parent company is one of the most important factors behind the kind of support and assistance you will get.
- Scalability: Your app should be made in such a way that it can cope with the increase in users. Therefore, the development of the app should be scalable. Include programming languages to increase the scalability of the app.
- Security: Given the security issues mobile app development technology stacks come with, you must ensure that the app is developed with complete security and threat improvement. Security tests should be run on both sides, including server and client in order to combat any security related problem.
Popular tech stacks for mobile applications across different platforms:
ANDROID TECHNOLOGY STACK
– Programming Languages: Programming languages including Java and Kotlin are the best for developing an android mobile application. While Java has vast tools and libraries, Kotlin is lightweight and allows hassle-free transitions.
– Toolkit: Android Studio and Android Developer Tools: Android Studio provides the fastest tools for app development. It helps in building high-quality apps. Android Developer Tools, on the other hands, helps you in creating powerful applications.
– Android Software Development Kit (SDK): Android SDK is one of the most crucial parts of developing an app. It helps developers in writing programs using latest technology and features, which results in an increase in app count.
iOS TECHNOLOGY STACK:
– Programming Languages: Swift and Objective-C are two of the most used programming languages in iOS app development industry.
– Toolkit: One of the most commonly used toolkits by iOS developers is Xcode.
– iOS Software Development Kit (SDK): iOS SDK helps in the development of apps for Apple devices. It offers tools that are used in iOS operating system. Besides, it acts as a link between the platform and the software application.