The coronavirus pandemic has led to a sea change in the day-to-day functioning of restaurants. The number of dine-in guests who prefer to eat out has reduced leading to the huge demand for takeaways and home delivery of food. Though restaurants have begun opening their centers, they are operating only at 50% capacity and not in a full-fledged manner.
Many bars and eateries permanently closed down as the losses incurred due to coronavirus and the government-induced lockdowns were too high for them to resume their businesses. Hence, this is the right time for Restaurant delivery app development to stay relevant in the fast-changing industry.
What Does a Restaurant App Development Solution Imply?
It has to offer services like takeaway and contactless home delivery of canned or frozen food for the customers. A premium price can be charged through commission collected from restaurants and delivery charges for each order sent to the doorstep of the customers.
How Contactless Delivery Can be a Big Game-Changer?
- Since there is a restaurant delivery app in place to take care of the daily operations efficiently, human intervention is minimum and overhead costs are significantly decreased.
- Prepaid order booking facilities can be started to provide more convenience to the users. Once the order has been processed by the restaurant, the user can directly come to the eatery and take the order to their homes without depending on the services of a delivery executive. It ensures a higher level of safety than dining in the restaurant.
- Social distancing is also ensured as there is minimum physical dealing with the customers. This is facilitated by contactless food deliveries and online ordering systems.
The Highlights of a Top-Notch Restaurant Delivery App
- QR code scanning – A QR code scanning facility is highly useful to automatically digitize the menu of restaurants enabling quick ordering by the users. It can also be used for making online payments. The menu of the restaurant must be created in a PDF document and the QR code should be downloaded and printed. Changes can also be made easily through a few clicks by using finger touch.
- A user-friendly app or website – Customers prefer convenience and ease of usage while they order food from either a mobile app or website. They will not tolerate any delays or technical glitches while making their order. Include comfortable widgets to offer the best user experience. Add a guide on how to use your app or website for ordering food to prevent any sort of ambiguity.
- Support for digital payments – Integrate an online payment gateway into the Point of Sale (POS) system of your restaurant. Also, accept the usage of debit cards, credit cards, digital wallets, and online bank transfers. This ensures quick fund settlement enhancing your financial situation to a great extent.
- Upgrade the menu – Change your menu periodically and introduce new and tasteful items. Customers have become more health-conscious after coronavirus. Hence, offering healthy food and customized meals that are diet-friendly and nutritious will go a long way in enhancing the reputation of your restaurant. You can also remove some dishes that are no longer regularly demanded from the users. Invest in digital signage boards to show the menu attractively to the customers. Personalize the food experience for the users by including special seasonal items.
- Ensure seamless inventory management – A robust backend infrastructure is needed to maintain the operations of a restaurant properly. Ensure that the basic ingredients are always available. This will enable the timely execution of orders without any delay.
- Make your delivery operations more flexible – Doorstep deliveries can be requested by the customers at any time of the day. Hence, make your delivery system strong enough to handle a huge demand. Switch on or off the delivery availability from time to time, manage the radius where you are capable to make speedy delivery of food, and charge different delivery rates for various types of orders depending on the total order value and the distance to be covered.
- Indulge in aggressive promotion – Publish banner ads that stand unique on the top of your ordering app or website. This will help you to sustain your business in the long run by promoting your platform actively across various communication channels. Keep your customer always informed about the latest updates through newsletters via emails. Paid advertisements, and social media posts.
- Analyze your overall performance continuously – The focus should always be on the better execution of your services. Integrate data analytics into your operations to know the trends observed in your business, and to know more about your strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. This will help your restaurant to collect all the latest information about the progress made and the scope of improvement.
- Incorporate cutting-edge security measures – The safety of users’ funds and their data is paramount in this digital era. Hence, have a strong data protection policy in place to safeguard the vital information of your users by maintaining a high level of anonymity and privacy.
- More importance towards health and hygiene – Have a cleaning team in place to disinfect all the surroundings of your restaurant (both internal and external areas). Follow all the government guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) such as mandatory use of masks, hand sanitizers, periodic temperature checking, and maintaining adequate social distancing. This will create a positive image in the minds of the customers as they will firmly believe that you give high priority to health and safety. All safety measures will have to be followed for different activities like cooking, packaging, and home delivery.
So, establish a comprehensive Restaurant app development solution now and make your business thrive in the market. Make sure to be at pace with the changing food culture and the evolving behavior of the consumers.