Do you have an important date coming up and your face just surprised you with your old friend, acne? Or do you simply need to get rid of that annoying tan you just got from walking to work? Face masks are a quick fix to getting that flawless and glowing skin in an instant.
The benefits of applying face masks are multifold. They are like food for your skin. Yes, eating healthy is a must, but it is not always enough. Eating healthy takes care of your skin from within but there are some external factors like dust, excessive oil secretions, sun-tan and much more, that demand some outside maintenance. This is where face masks come into play.
Homemade face masks are all the better. Unlike the over-the-counter products, it does not contain any chemicals which you need to be wary of. Since not all skin types are compatible with every chemical used in skin care products. Here’s a list of 5 brilliant face masks which will guarantee a radiant and youthful looking skin:
1) Papaya: Papaya is like gold for the skin. The benefits of this amazing ingredient are countless. Dermatologists have sworn by this fruit when it comes to achieving healthy skin. It is a treasure trove of essential minerals and vitamins such as Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamins A, C, and E, etc. These aids the skin in removing those annoying tans, pigmentation, dark spots, promotes skin lightening, helps getting rid of unwanted hair and the list just goes on.
There are various ways of applying papaya masks. One of the easiest ways is simply to add honey to it.
- Mash 8-10 cubes of raw papayas.
- Add 1 tsp of milk and 1 tbsp of honey.
- Mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply on your face and neck.
- Rinse with lukewarm water after letting it sit for 20-25 minutes.
10Minuteideas also have suggestion for home remedies for Molluscum Contagiosum.
2) Milk: The benefits of milk for healthy skin is both time-tested and science-tested. It helps in getting rid of acne and dark spots, along with preventing the same. It contains Vitamins A, B12 and several essential nutrients which helps rejuvenate the skin. Milk aids in skin lightening and removing tan. It also has anti-aging agents which nurtures a youthful skin. So if you were looking for a skin tightening product, your search has ended right here.
This face mask is a guaranteed way of getting a smooth and supple skin while getting rid of your most stubborn dark spots.
- Cut a peeled apple into small pieces and blend them in a food processor.
- Add 3 table spoon of raw milk.
- Apply on your face and neck.
- Leave it on until dry and rinse it off with cold water.
3) Whiskey: Strange as it may sound, but whiskey has proven to be immensely beneficial for improving skin health. We have been hearing a lot about the benefits of different kinds of alcoholic drinks for the skin and hair. Beer, for example, is known for its hair smoothening properties. If you’re someone who enjoys a fine bottle of whiskey, like the good ol’ piehole whiskey once a while, you might as well put the leftovers to good use. Some of its benefits include removal of dirt and excess oil from the skin. It also helps in reducing pimples and acne scars.
- Whisk an egg.
- Add a few drops of whiskey and lemon in it.
- Add milk powder and mix well.
- Apply on your face.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off.
Don’t get disheartened if you prefer other alcoholic drinks over whiskey, like a neat bottle of Hennessy VOSP. Cognac has anti-aging properties as do red wine, which also boasts of antioxidants.
4) Turmeric: Turmeric and a healthy skin care routine go hand in hand. There is absolutely no doubt about this timeless remedy for flawless skin. And because of its cosmetic benefits and healing properties, a slew of beauty products supplement turmeric in its active ingredients. It is abundant with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. This offers a natural glow to the skin. It also helps treat a range of dermatological conditions such as alopecia, eczema, scabies and many more skin issues.
Curcumin, which gives turmeric its anti-inflammatory properties also help in skin lightening. It can also be used to secure a youthful skin as it has anti-aging properties. Turmeric is as crucial in treating stretch marks and hair removal. It can even be used as a facial cleanser.
- Take 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and mix well.
- Apply on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with water.
More interesting about how to tighten your skin after pregnancy? Lets check it out we have 10 suggestions to keep in mind or you can follow.
5) Ice Pack: Seriously? Why, yes! Ice cubes are extremely underrated when it comes to skin care routine. However, they do have multifold advantages. A face massage with an ice pack will instantly boost blood circulation and help brighten up your skin. It can also provide relief from puffy eyes. You can even use it to smoothen out your skin’s surface before applying makeup. The best part about ice cubes is its versatility. You can make them out of a number of household ingredients. This, in turn, increases its benefits by manifold.
Other benefits include preventing and reducing acne, soothing sunburn, skin exfoliation, reducing and delaying the appearance of wrinkles. Depending on your requirements, you can make ice packs of varying ingredients and massage it gently on your skin. Even we can use detox water recipes to keep your body hydrated, which will help you to improve your skin brightness.
- Controlling Excess Oil Production: Mix half a lemon with a 1/4th cup of water and freeze it. Gently massage the lemon cubes on your skin.
- As a Natural Skin Brightener: Milk ice pack. Massage it for 2 to 3 minutes in a circular motion and leave it on.
- Detoxifying Skin: Orange ice pack. Repeat it for 2 to 3 times a day and pat dry.
- Instant Fairness: Turmeric ice pack. Massage at least twice a day for optimum results.
- Tightening Pores: Rosewater ice pack. Simply massage onto your skin for an instant glow and rejuvenation.
- Reducing Dark Spots: Green tea ice pack. Gently massage onto your face for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Instant Glow: Watermelon ice pack. Simply massage and rinse it off with cold water later.
That’s it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Although making a face pack and leaving it on your face might require some patience, its outcome is so much worth it. Also worth it is the mess that it creates as some of the residues cling on to your hair and clothes. But it’s way safer than manufactured products. So good luck on your journey to Hollywood skin!
Did you found this article helpful?
If yes please dont forget to share it on social media additionally if you have any ideas on health or home remedies? 10minuteideas accepting guest post on health. Please send us your ideas and we will get back to you asap.